The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
Who you are:
You may be right for this position if you...
- Are an experienced, driven technical professional who excels in full stack software development in a modern static programming language (e.g., Typescript, Scala, Go, C#, Java, etc.)
- Have experience designing, developing, debugging, and deploying quality code to a production environment.
- Are excited to help shape and define brand new experiences for connecting educators and students to once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
- Have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and how to apply them to software development.
- Enjoy collaborating and are determined to find the best approach to solving technical challenges even if it's not your own.
- Love using the latest front-end frameworks (e.g., React, Vue, Angular, etc.) to make highly usable, beautiful user interfaces.
- Are interested in developing native mobile applications using React Native
- Are a generous mentor and a humble mentee. You readily impart your knowledge and experience to your teammates and humbly accept feedback.
- Are always willing to take on new challenges, like new technologies and design patterns.
What you'll do at EF Tours Engineering:
At first you will...
- Start learning a bit more about EF, our company, and our business.
- Meet with your new team and learn more about your colleagues.
- Be introduced to your team's technology stack and processes.
- Have time to setup your workspace.
- Start diving into the code with a few small bug fixes and/or feature requests.
Later, you will...
- Work with your team to further understand our business processes and requirements, as well as our technology and feature roadmap.
- Learn more about our industry and how we are connecting educators and students with amazing experiences around the globe.
- Start setting personal goals with your manager and product goals with your teammates.
- Take time to learn about any technologies or processes we use that you aren't familiar with.
- Share your knowledge of technologies and processes that may help your team and your products.
- Share ownership of various products and applications with your teammates to ensure high quality deployments.
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.