Senior Software Engineer
Hybrid - 2 days/week in Burlington, MA, Remote 3 days
LightForce Orthodontics is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Operations-facing software development teams, who is passionate about designing and implementing elegant solutions to complex issues in the Digital & Physical Manufacturing spaces. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join our rapidly expanding team to design, implement, test and maintain features critical to the success of our manufacturing automation and technician facing web application. You will work closely with Product Management, key stakeholders and a small scrum team to help scale our rapidly growing product.
LightForce Orthodontics hires committed, self-motivated employees and then gives them the freedom and flexibility to do great work. You should feel comfortable with learning new technologies, proposing solutions to issues, and breaking down project plans into actionable steps within a development team. You will help to grow a fantastic, industry-changing tech company, to advance the orthodontic profession, and to provide positive health benefits to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Full-stack software development
- System architecture
- Implement new features, fix bugs, and participate in all scrum ceremonies
- Collaborate with other developers via code reviews and discussions
- Drive technical projects in an innovative and fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- 12+ years of experience developing and debugging with languages/frameworks such as Angular(10+), Typescript, Node.js, Express.js
- Experience architecting, developing and maintaining a SaaS based infrastructure in AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, RDS, ECS/EC2)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar database technologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Serverless, Terraform) is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus
- Conscientious team member and independent worker
- Experienced working within a scrum/agile organization
- Effectively communicates inside and outside of engineering
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement benefits / accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits program
- Paid parental leave
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
About LightForce Orthodontics
At LightForce Orthodontics we use advanced manufacturing technologies and proprietary CAD software to create the worlds best orthodontic treatment experience - providing the first and only fully customized 3D printed bracket system. We create 100% patient-matched orthodontic ceramic brackets designed from digital impressions with the goal of reducing treatment duration for patients and chair-time for clinicians. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LightForce Orthodontics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.