The team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Be Doing
- Enhance and own components of our internal tools as our front-end expert.
- Build 3D data labeling tools with optimized UI/UX to support our curation team.
- Visualize the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into our datasets.
- Build interactive web-based data analysis tools to help ML researchers debug, compare and evaluate models.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a front end software engineer
- Experience working with the end user or product manager, gathering requirements and getting feedback.
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You cant help but jump in and help someone out when theyre stuck on something
- You like to share news on the latest techniques or developments in front-end development
- Prior work in building data pipelines, internal or B2B tools.
- Experience with data visualization and data analysis tools.
- Experience with three.js, or building 3D user interfaces using other frameworks.
- Prior experience with image manipulation, browser-based video games.
- A passion for making intuitive, smooth user interface.