In EF World Journeys, we believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it; We want to help as many people do just that. EF Go Ahead Tours and EF Ultimate Break are divisions of EF World Journeys and we make world travel easy. We want to empower travelers of all ages to get out there and experience something new on our guided tours. If you share this passion for opening the world, come work with us.
On the Engineering team youll join a group of engineers, product professionals, analysts, and UX/UI designers that build the applications and systems that make travel happen. We power every step of our customers journey from the e-commerce experience on the web, to creating personalized itineraries, to enhancing the travel experience through our mobile app.
What youll do
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the frontend applications that empower our users. In this role, you will:
- Work with Engineering leadership to advise on and execute the technical strategy to help empower our engineering teams to work quickly, smoothly, and autonomously.
- Leverage modern technologies such as TypeScript, React, React Native, Expo, and GraphQL.
- Collaborate frequently with engineering teams to understand needs, improve developer experience, and enhance collaboration between teams.
- Continuously improve our frontend architecture and performance while ensuring a secure and scalable solution.
- Be a leader when it comes to frontend technology choices. You'll work with leadership and engineering teams to define, document, and evangelize best practices and help adopt and evolve the use of new technologies.
- Work with our Analytics Engineering and Data Operations teams to ensure the growth and success of our data practices and data-driven analytics.
- Implement best practices in accessibility for web and mobile development.
Who you are
- You are passionate about frontend development and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You have a strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies, give and receive feedback, and grow outside of your comfort zone.
- You are experienced in frontend development using technologies such as TypeScript, React, React Native, Expo, GraphQL, and CSS- in-JSS.
- Looking to grow, evolve, and improve the frontend engineering practice.
What youll be doing on the World Journeys team Your first week you will:
- Onboard as an EF employee and World Journeys engineer and maybe finish up some related paperwork
- Meet with your manager to set up the tech, the accounts, the meetings, and the relationships youll need to be successful Meet your team and your team lead, explore our code, and start contributing some code of your own
Your first month you will:
- Learn about our travel products and the business context of our projects, through trainings, guidance from your manager, and your own exploration
- Acquaint yourself with team processes, technical standards, and how we measure success, through trainings, guidance from your team lead, and your own contributions
- Begin shaping a professional development plan with your manager wherein youll grow your technical and professional knowledge and build connections to peers across our teams
Your first three months you will:
- Help define team goals to realize business opportunities, contribute to the strategy for achieving those goals, and own projects related to that work
- Collaborate across engineering domains to review work, help solve complex problems, and deepen your understanding of business offerings and engineering platforms
- Regularly meet with your manager to reflect on progress and sustain professional development
Why youll love working here
At EF you'll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run social groups (including our "EFinity" groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinos@EF, API@EF, Jewish@EF, Indigenous@EF, and Parents@EF). You can expect:
- The opportunity to travel on one of our tours every year with no cost and no impact on your paid vacation.
- Four weeks paid vacation and ten paid holidays.
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts. 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance.
- Paid international business travel.
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement.
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more.
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
- Discounts at local venues and businesses.
About EF Education First
At EF, we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs, focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics, turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about, we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zurich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.