The metrics engine team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks and av stack components. The team charter is centered around three core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals? Third: how do we quickly obtain such system level metrics via large scale simulation?
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Build interactive web-based data analysis tools to help ML researchers compare and evaluate models.
- Build interactive web-based data analysis tools to help av stack engineers compare and evaluate av components.
- Visualize the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into our datasets.
- Deploy code and systems to put metrics into production.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What we're looking for:
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- 3+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a front end software engineer
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.