Were a high-tech home security company thats passionate about protecting the life youve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And weve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career youre building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We dont just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Were embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, were growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own homes.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a FW, Sr. Technical Program Manager to manage and execute the firmware development process from concept to a production environment within SimpliSafes Product Engineering organization. Great judgment, a comprehensive understanding of firmware development and hardware development, and a passion for incredible customer experiences are critical traits for this role. The person in this role needs to be able to gather requirements from various cross-functional stakeholders, create a cohesive plan, and help the team execute.
Required for this role is tactical-level operating knowledge with Agile methodology as well as standard hardware development. In addition, this role requires strong communication skills, an ability to shepherd a cross-functional team through complex issues, and an ability to capture and create new processes when needed.
Our Project Managers are proactive in removing roadblocks and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your project goals. This role will have overall accountability for FW delivery within the Product Engineering organization.
- Be a bridge and a connector for the company
- Create predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts. Improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess process.
- Define product requirements for engineering teams. Negotiates resources and priorities. Escalates effectively. Is able to find a path forward in difficult situations
- Be intuitive, attentive, driven, organized, insightful and productive
- Work collaboratively to allow engineers to be better, faster and more informed
- Address communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the SimpliSafe organization along with external partners (JDM, 3rd party contractors, etc.)
- Build trust across the organization
- Be passionate, but act with empathy and integrity
- Establish standard reports & dashboards to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on project status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
What You'll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Minimum five years experience in the product development field - bonus consumer electronics
- Experience managing software development projects using the Scrum agile methodology - Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) credentials are a plus
- Experience with other software development life cycles is a plus
- Experience managing cross-functional technical teams to deliver complex projects
- Strong written communication
- Technical depth with experience in understanding technical designs, challenges and risks
- Strong analytical skillset.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make well-reasoned decisions with imperfect data
We are looking for Project/Program Managers who thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments. You understand from experience that every problem is unique and requires evaluating solutions from different perspectives.
What Values Youll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - no job too small attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].