Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Director of Financial Systems to join our growing Finance Team. In this role, youll be the first dedicated Systems Leader on our finance team and partner closely with teams across the organization to drive the implementation and adoption of new systems and tools. Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with our technology team, this is a unique opportunity to own the implementation of our ERP as well as other technologies utilized by our Finance team.
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain an integrated project plan for the implementation of an ERP System
- Own all data and systems implementations related to the Finance team (forecasting tools, HRIS, payroll, etc.)
- Partner closely with our technology team on planning and integrating work for all key systems
- Prepare status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team
- Supervise project cost estimation, ongoing budget tracking, and vendor invoicing
- Support Stakeholder Management: Work with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon the approved project requirement
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced Financial Systems Director with advanced knowledge of various financial software tools (i.e. ERP, Forecasting, HRIS, and Payroll systems, etc.)
- You have excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices, and techniques with a strong results orientation
- You possess an understanding of financial and supply chain operational process flows (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, record to report), both conceptually and within an ERP system
- You are a collaborator and have the ability to develop strong partnerships with both the technology and business use communities
- You are a self-motivated problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community
- You are an effective communicator and can partner with our technical staff to develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists, and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/