The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the worlds largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work closely with the R&D teams and report to the Director of FP&A.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
Experience within a Finance role, partnering with Senior Engineering and Product Leadership
Experience with forecasting cloud infrastructure costs, like, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure
What you'll do
- Business Partnership: Influences cross-functional team regularly. Begins to build and manage holistic relationships with select partners.
- Financial Modeling: Build, maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business. Models are easily audited and used by overs for areas of average complexity.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Drive financial processes with minimal guidance.
- Data Analysis: Translates analysis into clear data-driven storylines and insights
- Project Management: Run medium-sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
- Autonomy: executes with limited supervision from senior members of team.
- Extends the FP&A Analyst responsibilities.
What you'll bring
- 5-7 years of experience in a FP&A or similar finance role ideally with an enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- Experience with forecasting cloud infrastructure costs, like, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure
- Systems: Experience with financial systems, such as Netsuite and Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Accounting Foundations: Ability to navigate through the three financial statements in detail and experience partnering with Accounting during the monthly close process.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLabs policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLabs EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.