Office Tour Photos
Do you want to join the fastest growing start up within Wayfair? CastleGate is an entrepreneurial new business within Wayfair that is revolutionizing supply chain logistics and the order fulfillment process across Wayfairs catalog of home goods. This position will be responsible for supporting investment decisions related to new and existing facilities in the logistics network. We are working to rapidly scale our network with optimal cost efficiency. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong financial skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. Strategic questions this person may be tasked with answering include: Where should we launch a new warehouse? When should we launch it? How big should it be? What functions should be in it? What is the ROI in equipment investments? When does it make sense to increase or decrease investment in certain equipment types? How should we manage inventory to meet capacity constraints?
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one-day and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfairs newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What youll do:
- Build financial models to understand long term cash flow impact and ROI of network decisions
- Create opportunity cost analyses to identify optimal course of action
- Draft business proposals for tactical recommendations
- Present findings to operations leaders
- Work across various teams to develop new processes to streamline future decision making
What youll need:
- Bachelors Degree required, degree in Finance, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, or e-commerce experience
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems even when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong Excel modeling capability; experience in SQL is a plus
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dcor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home dcor and furnishings
More Jobs From