As a key member of the FP&A organization, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for SaaS metric modelling and reporting. This position is tasked with managing and enhancing the Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) modelling process, working closely with the appropriate business partners to create the ARR Plan and Forecast, and building and maintaining supporting subscription metrics. This includes but is not limited to creating/maintaining the annual corporate operating plan, quarterly forecasts, monthly/quarterly outlooks, actual ARR analysis and forecasts, and maintenance of a regular cadence reporting package.
The Senior Financial Analyst will draw heavily on their financial modeling and system skills to provide business insights to help drive financial decision making that yields maximum, long term value for the business. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded performer who thrives in a fast paced and demanding environment, embraces a collaborative work style and possesses a clear customer and operations focus, with a passion for business support. If you are a change agent, thought leader and builder, this is a great role for you!
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Manage ARR Planning process working closely with all Business stakeholders, including review and rationalization of financial inputs for annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts, ensuring financial plans are linked with Corporate objectives. Ensure all inputs/assumptions are clearly documented and deadlines are effectively met.
- Analyze SaaS metrics and provide insights and recommendations to appropriate business partners and leadership.
- Be a voice – be an ambassador to and evangelize subscription metrics as a guiding light to business efficacy and performance.
- Partner with appropriate business teams and drive systemic improvements in business and data processes to expedite data processing and increase accuracy.
- Gather information and data from various systems, reporting tools, and people. Bring those data points together in a meaningful way to provide granular insight into the various models
- Maintaining strong working relationships and communication with the various teams needed to provide insight and inputs into each model.
- Participate in monthly financial close process and preparation of reporting package for Sr. Management as required.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with ambiguous environments
- Improvements to key systems & processes.
- 3-5 years of progressive Finance experience for a public company. 2+ years of FP&A experience with emphasis in revenue modeling and analysis.
- Technology (SaaS) industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong customer focus with the demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships.
- Strong ability to effectively handle multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional computer skills and expert excel skills.
- Basic SQL and Tableau knowledge a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven ability to work comfortably with senior executives.
- High degree of initiative and results-oriented. Eager to adapt to and drive change.
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.