Senior Engineering Manager - Talent
The Talent Engineering team supports Wayfair Global Talent and is responsible for developing and maintaining an ecosystem of technologies and processes that helps find, hire, and inspire the most diverse and talented individuals as a differentiator for our business. We create fluid and holistic end-to-end experiences for every Wayfarian to be productive in their role, bring their true and best self to work, and develop confidently towards their future. Tools created by the team are essential for Wayfairs entire talent lifecycle, including headcount planning, talent acquisition and onboarding, and internal mobility.
What You'll Do
- Grow, manage, and develop a team of 8-10 engineers
- Be responsible for owning features developed by your team in each phase of a project: design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production
- Seek out, define, and evolve best practices within teams area of focus as well as initiatives that raise the standards across the organization
- Partner directly with your product and design counterparts to define the strategy of your product suite and build the roadmap for your team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Talent organization
- Work with a variety of technologies, including PHP, Python, Java, React, Kafka, GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years experience of managing a team of up to 10 engineers
- Track record as both an individual contributor and a manager of delivering strong business outcomes
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience making architectural and design-related decisions, understanding the tradeoffs between time-to-market vs. flexibility
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, designers and business stakeholders
- Passion for building high performing engineering teams
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.