Veeva develops cloud software that helps the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veevas enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with a purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Engineering Manager to be hands-on and lead a fast-growing A-player team with deep experience and a passion for innovation. Join us in building and shaping a new engineering team in Boston as we build products and technology to transform our customers.
What You'll Do
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as the team grows
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers
- Work in an agile, small team environment focusing on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 7+ years developing commercial software in Java
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- Experience in a multi-tenant SaaS product development environment is a plus
- Proven experience sourcing, hiring, and growing a software development team made up of 10+ hires
- Familiarity with multi-platform client technologies
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge of open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's/Masters degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Candidates local to the Greater Boston area preferred
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.