Hi were Alyce! Founded in 2015 with a tiny team sharing space with a bike repair shop, weve grown up in more ways than one. You can now find us across the globe with roots in Boston.
Every year $242B is spent on corporate gifts, swag and direct mail. Its the most relational channel and were on a mission to make it personal, relevant and a simply magical experience. No more squishy balls, cheap water bottles, and other things that end up in the trash. As the only Smart Gifting Platform, we flip the script by , putting the recipient in control creating authentic personal moments. This is how modern businesses grow sustainably at scale.
We value our people above everything else. While we all have our own passions, personalities, objectives, and goals, we are one team that is building something great together. Our differences make us collectively better. We strive to build a supportive and inclusive environment where our team members are recognized and valued for who they are during working hours (9-to-5) and outside of them (#5to9).
And were proud and honored to be recognized as Comparablys Best Company for Women, Best Company Culture and Best Places to Work in Boston, as well as Bostinnos 50 on Fire, LinkedIns Top 50 Start-Ups of 2020 and Forbes 2021 Best Start-Up Employer.
About this position
The Alyce Engineering Group is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join a talented, global team. This individual will be responsible for designing functionality and solutions for existing and future Alyce products. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and has the highest standards in development. Always looking at how things can be improved, examining problems from all angles, and willing to pitch in when help is needed.
How youll make Alyce amazing:
- As a senior member of the engineering organization, you will: propose and implement scalable solutions, choose and integrate technologies, define frameworks and approaches as the team builds and supports new applications
- You constantly seek to improve architecture and bring best practices into your work
- Youre a key contributor in SCRUM meetings where youll regularly interact and work cross-functionally with talented Software Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, DevOps, and QA Engineers
How you will uplevel Alyce:
- 5+ years of experience building highly available software applications
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of how HTTP and web services work
- Experience with object-oriented languages like PHP, Java, or Golang
- Experience with modern frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, or Spring
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Familiar with git and version-control systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of containerization: Docker / Kubernetes
- Knowledge of ES6, SASS, or Promise
- Knowledge of cloud services like AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of React, Redux, Redux-Observable
- Knowledge of NoSQL or MongoDB
- Knowledge of Lerna and package publishing
- Knowledge of microservice patterns like API-First, API-Gateway, or CQRS
We firmly believe our differences make us collectively better. Alyce is committed to building a team that is diverse in background and experience. Alyce recognizes Diversity as the presence of differences that may include race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective. Diversity also includes differences in principles, values, thoughts, and beliefs. Diversity of thought and experience are vital to building a personal Alyce experience, representative of the world in which we live.
Please do not let doubt get in the way of you applying for this position. If you can demonstrate the abilities listed above, we want to hear from you.