Senior Endpoint Engineer, Endpoint Engineering
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the ecommerce space. Were committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. Were looking for an experienced Senior Endpoint Engineer for a growing, global End User Computing Engineering team. The team is responsible for corporate device management, including more than 20,000+ computers, virtual desktops and mobile devices.
What you'll do:
- Develop an understanding of the many Wayfair workgroups' compute needs and pain-points. Translate these findings to team projects, MVP efforts or technical requirements for IT departmental project efforts.
- Design workflow specific deployments for client compute solutions. Examples of this work include deployment profiles for Windows, Mac and ChromeOS cloud managed computers, non-persistent and persistent virtual desktops running Windows 10 and Linux, application virtualization, and traditionally imaged on-prem devices.
- Act as a point-of-contact for Business Partners.
- Analyze issues in device onboarding and deployment for complex use cases such as 3D Visualization and Development Workstations; create plans for interim fixes and long-term process improvements. Take accountability in seeing developed plans through to completion.
- Develop plans for improvements with 3rd Party software management, including deployment methodologies, update cadence, and testing plans.
- Consult with IT and internal customers as a trusted resource in proposing technology solutions within the lens of supported corporate endpoints.
- Utilize data and reporting from management solutions and system logs to proactively identify and resolve complex issues at scale.
- Create and update IT infrastructure and services documentation.
- Work to organize and assist in the resolution of complex systemic issues across the IT organization to help in providing the best product experience with managed endpoints to end users. Act as a senior escalation point for complex systemic compute issues stuck at the Tier 3 layer.
Who you are:
- You thrive on the idea of being responsible for the end-user experience with an exponentially growing fleet of corporate devices and software catalog. Ideally, you have experienced the challenges faced in managing large scale computing environments in excess of 10,000 endpoints for more than 5 years.
- You have designed client platform deployments for both generalized and specific user workflows. You have leveraged a variety of tools such as Citrix Cloud, Microsoft MECM/Intune/SCCM and/or Jamf Pro to deliver on client needs for compute.You possess strong organizational skills and can juggle multiple initiatives and rapidly shifting business priorities.
- You understand solutions need to account for user experience; you actively seek opportunities to reduce impact on end user workflows.
- Youve evaluated and recommended shifting scoped workflows from physical endpoints to virtual desktops where appropriate. You comprehend the technical complexities of virtualizing user workflows and understand the benefits and challenges in doing so.
- You are comfortable delegating work to internal and external teams while taking ownership of ensuring completion delegated work.
- You share research, knowledge and leading practices across peer teams. You are also comfortable adjusting your communication strategy to align with end users, clients, engineers and executives.
- You look for opportunities to automate solutions.
- You have experience coding solutions using Powershell, Python or a flavor of Shell Scripting.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.