The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will develop and support system software for embedded control of WiTricity's wireless power systems. This position is located at our Headquarters in Watertown, MA.
- Design, develop, and document embedded software solutions for the functionality of next generation systems.
- Write and conduct tests on new embedded software features and publications.
- Work collaboratively with firmware team members and team members of other disciplines to integrate, test, and debug system components.
- Support existing embedded software designs and provide hands-on support of system test and verification.
- Use source control systems in place at WiTricity for the maintenance of the code base and to provide proper revision control and release structure.
- Be able to multi-task and independently manage the requirements of several projects in parallel.
- Provide Maintenance, Support, and Development of Version control and source code configuration management.
- Responsible for Software release process and Continuous Integration.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for Embedded Software Testing.
Qualified candidates will have a solid understanding of embedded programming, microcontroller architectures embedded software implementations, embedded software development process and testing. Candidates will possess good written and verbal communication skills, have a positive attitude. Candidates will be able to work independently with a sense of urgency and individual accountability and will also be a reliable team player. This position is open to remote.
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of embedded programming design experience.
- Experience in power electronics and motor control.
- Fluent in C/C++, Python, Bash and Batch scripting
- Proficient with microcontroller IDE design/development tools.
- Proficient in lab debug, including usage of power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators and in-circuit debuggers.
- Ability to follow circuit schematics and PCB layout drawings.
- Ability to work as part of a team in fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with a variety of microcontrollers including Microchip, TI, NXP, and ARM-based embedded processors.
- Experience Groovy script, JQL, Ruby
- Experience with CANbus, SPI, I2C, RS-232, IEEE 802.11, TCP/IP, and HTTP protocols.
- Experience developing device drivers, control systems, and communications protocols.
- Experience with standards-based feature design and code development.
WiTricity is the global industry leader in wireless charging, powering a sustainable future of mobility that is electric and autonomous. WiTricitys patented magnetic resonance technology is being incorporated into global automakers and Tier 1 suppliers EV roadmaps and is the foundation of major global standards developed to support wide-scale adoption. Advancements like dynamic charging of moving vehicles, and the charging of autonomous robots and vehicles without human intervention all depend on WiTricity technology. See how WiTricity enables a magically simple, efficient charging experience.