Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy will be responsible to support the creation and execution of strategic initiatives designed to build value for the company. The Senior Director will report to the EVP, Corporate Strategy and assist with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategy, including corporate development/M&A activities.
- Works closely with EVP, Corporate Strategy and Director, Corporate Strategy, and key stakeholders, including the DCT Executive Committee, to develop the corporate strategy and play active role in executing on these initiatives. These opportunities may include targeted mergers, acquisitions, organic investments in existing DCT products, strategic alliances and partnerships and joint ventures.
- Applies financial analysis, business experience and market knowledge to assess and execute corporate finance transactions
- Sources and executes M&A, including sourcing potential targets, relationship development with target companies, due diligence, strategic fit evaluation, financial analysis and valuation, developing integration strategies, target due diligence, and post-close integration management planning with a focus on delivering value to the business through deep understand of DCT products, customers, and insurance market
- Manages and oversees M&A marketing outreach, , NDA tracking, weekly status reports, management presentations, data room management etc.
- Prepares presentations for the board of directors and other internal and external constituents and works with bankers hired by DCT, as applicable
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- 5 or more years experience in Corporate Strategy, Investment Banking or active M&A sourcing and execution experience
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) a plus
- High degree of maturity, integrity, demonstrated leadership skills and work ethic
- Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Creative approach to problem, ability to tell stories, and energy towards improvement
- Strong knowledge of technology, software, and data & analytics sectors preferred, insurance industry knowledge a plus
- Ability to conduct work with guidance more than specific directions, ability to conduct independent research on industry trends and companies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams) and external data sources for valuation, company research, and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. Works to build effective relationships across the company
- Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple work streams and adjust priorities as needed in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external parties, including
- Additional added-value skills (not requirements): work experience in software or insurance industries (property & casualty focus)
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.