Aura helps customers monitor, manage, and protect against the risks associated with their identities and personal information in a digital world. With adaptive technology, a seasoned team, and a first-of-its-kind product suite, Aura enables customers to manage disparate cybersecurity needs with ease. Backed by premier investors, WndrCo and General Catalyst, Aura's category-defining business is a holistic personal digital security platform that unites best-in-class privacy, identity, and security products.
Trusted by more than 2 million customers, Aura has a team of more than 450 people worldwide and revenues over $200 million. Most importantly, this trajectory continues to show momentum and is supported by strong organic growth in addition to strategic customer acquisition. Aura’s leadership team has seen similar success before, having grown a start-up to a valuation of over $3 billion prior to exit. With a clear vision, strong alignment, and strategic M&A execution, Aura has assembled a stellar team and built a unique culture with incredible employees. Join us for the ride!
About the Role:
The Senior Director of Business Operations will be reporting to the Chief Revenue Office, and this role is responsible for ensuring efficiency across the business. An experienced and efficient leader, this person is expected to influence and govern diverse business operations and functions in creating a strategic vision, communicating the plan with all those involved, executing the business operations, and driving ongoing optimization. Building strong relationships with team members across the organization, this role will influence outcomes and maintain momentum leveraging a bird's-eye view across teams and departments to connect the dots in ways that drive progress and optimize performance.
The role of the Senior Director of Business Operations is to coordinate and manage the essential daily activities of Aura’s business, to inform and establish strategic plans ensuring all business functions are efficient, at their most productive and designed to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Collaborate with the CRO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and business needs
- Inform CRO’s strategic priorities helping to identify the areas where they must direct their focus and defining metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress
- Develop business plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term strategies and objectives
- Lead quarterly strategic and objective planning process for the business by acting as a project manager and ensuring alignment with the CRO, Leadership team and impacted functional teams within the Aura ecosystem
- Translate strategy and plans into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement B2B OKRs, Key Results, Initiatives spanning both performance management and annual operating planning
- Oversee business operations and productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Collaborate cross-functionally both within the B2B business and the larger organization to develop and implement the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, techniques and technology required to succeed
- Ensure any applicable metrics and key performance pointers are in place in order to measure progress
- Partner with the CRO on management of capital investment and expenses to achieve growth and profitability targets
- Identify strategic risks and help to reduce these risks
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Comfortably and energetically articulate the business strategies, goals and progress toward those goals - both practiced and impromptu - internally and externally
- Oversee large, often cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives bringing together key stakeholders and driving decisions as needed
- Manage staff operations for Strategy & Operations within budget
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- 10+ years of relevant Business Operations and Growth experience preferably in a fast-paced, highly energetic environment. Experience with a start-up
- Proven and successful experience managing a cross-functional team leading that team to the achievement of sales objectives and targets. A suitable candidate will also demonstrate strong business acumen and have proven planning and analytical skills
- Experience with SalesForce.com management including forecasting, dashboard creation and management, sales performance management preferred
- A passion for serving others, the ability to work comfortably in a group setting, a skill for problem solving and thought leadership, strong strategic and analytics skills, an ease and proficiency with data, and an ability to maintain composure in stressful and uncertain situations
- Great organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, a keen eye toward detail, a results-driven orientation, strong communication and collaboration skills and a passion for efficiency all comprise your personal style
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint as well as the full suite of Google tools and key business operations tools
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.