CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn, a manufacturing R&D lab and factory in the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Role:
CreateMes Hardware team is seeking a Sr. Director of Automation & System Engineering to lead manufacturing innovation and automation efforts as we innovate solutions for Apparel Manufacturing. You will be expected to build an automation engineering team to support our efforts, as well as contribute to system and process definition for our current product roadmap. We are looking for a goal-driven, customer-centric attitude and record of building exceptional client and vendor relationships - a highly skilled priority manager and technical resource to our clients and teams.
- Provide technical leadership in design and development to teams of Automation and Process Engineers in building and scaling automated apparel manufacturing solutions
- Direct the development of custom-proprietary manufacturing solutions
- Own the integration of new manufacturing technologies from requirements gathering to factory bring-up
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to enable rapid prototyping and releasing of systems that involve Hardware and Software engineering groups
- Design and conduct system validation and compliance testing
- Develop and execute automation strategy including visions, goals, and budgets
- Foster collaboration between cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Manage Automation technology roadmap in collaboration with Product Management
- Stay current with emerging manufacturing technologies and identify opportunities to leverage for new manufacturing capabilities
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners to develop automation equipment that meets CreateMe specifications and requirements
- Recruit and build automation engineering team to support factory scale up and company growth
- Experience leading an R&D focused development team
- Strong leadership skills exemplified by the ability to motivate, hire and mentor highly technical teams
- BS and 15+ years of experience in relevant fields
- Demonstrated skill in the development of complex automated systems and equipment supporting efficient, cost-effective manufacturing
- Experience integrating off-the-shelf manufacturing equipment and systems
- Comfortable designing hardware for real-world electromechanical systems
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and dFMEA/pFMEA
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment
- Designed, built, tested and deployed complex automated systems with a high level of ownership
- Experience working with US equipment makers as well as international equipment makers
- Experience with finding and working with outsourcing partners in country and out of the country
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Experience in Consumer Electronics, Vision System and Machine Learning
- Apparel Industry experience
- Comfortable using CAD tools such as AutoCAD and Solidwork
- Comfortable working with mechanical tools, and inside production factory
- Familiar with PLC programming and design
- Production factory experience with automation equipment and manufacturing process.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.