At ZoomInfo Powered by DiscoverOrg we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
The Infrastructure and DevOps group (IDO) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area of the company allow us unusual latitude and agility. Were using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Managers in Zoom Engineering are given broad autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the companys broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, independently and with few constraints, at a high level of authority and responsibility is appealing to you, we want to hear from you.
Within the IDO group, the DevOps team is the main point of contact with, and advocate for, developers and their needs, setting the agenda and roadmap of the team to accommodate their needs and those of the larger business. The teams goal is to accommodate and anticipate the developers needs, providing support, infrastructure and deploy automation, and technical guidance as needed, while integrating best practices and security at every level.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in both traditional DevOps release work and modern infrastructure, with a thorough understanding of industry best practices. They will have a high level of comfort participating in challenging technical discussions, and advocating for best practices while meeting the demands of a high-paced environment. This senior role includes mentoring less-senior staff, training and expanding an international team, and doing all of the above with minimal oversight.
Summary of essential job functions
- Managing and scaling an international DevOps team (east coast + Israel)
- Guiding the team in balancing project work with request work
- Mentoring the team as they participate in work planning with cross-disciplinary squads
- Assessing and anticipating developer needs; working with IDO leadership to plan a roadmap to meet those needs
- Hands-on technical participation in build & deploy, infrastructure automation, developer desktop environment modernization, etc.
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review
- Deployment, configuration, and management of automation and build chain software
- Internal customer support for cloud and DevOps technologies and processes
- Cross-training of Engineering staff on Infrastructure and DevOps concepts, procedures,
and best practices
- Working hands on across cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google)
- Working hands on with container infrastructures (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, GKE,
- General mentoring of team members
- Championing of best practices and standards within the team, and in the larger Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of new and existing standards, procedures, and automated workflows
- Experience managing a 15+ member, modern DevOps team. (3+ years)
- Experience implementing CI/CD infrastructures (Jenkins, Circle CI, Cloud Builder, etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing build tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, npm, Artifactory) (5+ years)
- Experience developing with, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting a Git platform
for a development organization (esp. Github or Github Enterprise) (4+ years)
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (3+ years)
- Experience managing PaaS technologies (Kubernetes, GKE, GAE, EKS, ECS preferred)
- Experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (6+ years)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (4+ years)
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Groovy, Terraform, Note, Java, Python, and Go preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform (2+ years)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Experience with load balancing and proxy technologies (Consul, Envoy, AWS ELB, GCP LB, Nginx)
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (VPNs, routers and
routing protocols, TCP/IP, IPv4 and v6, UDP, OSI layers, etc.)
- Slack-native mentality.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate complex problems and solutions in English over a textual medium (such as Slack)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, knowledge of good design patterns and best practices, and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability and protected veterans status or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
More Jobs From