At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior DevOps Engineer – Operations Team
The Senior DevOps Engineer will join our team and play a role in the evolution of the group to a full DevOps model. The role will report to The VP of Operations.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or related/relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (i.e., Terraform, Packer, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (i.e., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Experience with CI/CD strategies and related tools (Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Experience with the implementation and/or use of different Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience designing solutions in AWS (Could consider MS Azure Cloud experience).
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Go).
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a quick study and have great attention to detail.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience designing infrastructure as code using and working in a secure development lifecycle. (Bonus)
- Experience sharing the innovative work you do at conferences, meetups, etc. (Bonus)
- Experience with core systems like LDAP and NTP. (Bonus)
- Experience with AWS Config. (Bonus)