Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our HealthSparq team as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, well improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
As a Principal Software Engineer with a focus on DevOps you will be working on the foundation of our product developments platform and associated infrastructure. Each day you will work to be a force multiplier for the engineering team and strive to automate, enable and curate tools and methodologies that are in line with best practices in the rapidly evolving world of DevOps/Cloud Engineering. A high degree of technical aptitude and a willingness to be flexible as you dig through the various technical hurdles and challenges that you will be presented with is a must. Our environment is a mix of traditional server in the cloud as well as platform as a service environments that both serve important functions to our business. Identifying ways to streamline and bring legacy systems into the newer systems management paradigms will be highly valued in this role. Working on our team will also provide the opportunity to gravitate towards more traditional software development as we maintain a rich set of platform tools that produce infrastructure as code for the engineering department.
A sample of technologies that we use:
- Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation, Jenkins
- AWS EC2, RDS, Networking
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Azure SSO and Active Directory, LDAP tools
- VPN tunnel administration and support for Business-to-Business (B2B) connections
- Monitoring, metrics, data visualization
- System Administration, mainly CentOS environments and Amazon Linux, Apache, HAProxy
- Datadog, Pagerduty, xMatters, Atlassian suite
Traits and skillsets that we value
- Continuous build and deployment, specifically automating provisioning of cloud environments.
- Never be satisfied with the status quo, continually strive to improve processes and technology.
- A run towards a fire mentality, when theres a production issue, we seek out the root cause and learn from our mistakes.
- Be comfortable making mistakes and learning from them.
- Seek out opportunities to learn from and educate others in our organization.
- Excellent communication skills, treat others with kindness and compassion as you move through your day.
- Enjoy making things better, write good documentation, diagram your designs and work, share with the team.
Working on this team will provide an individual with a chance to grow in areas of both System Administration and DevOps principles and strategies. We are interested in talking to candidates of all levels of experience and assessments will be conducted during the interview process to determine level of seniority. The most important aspects that you can bring to the table when applying for this job are a positive attitude and a desire to learn grow with our team as we evolve and continue to enable the platform for our partners in engineering and beyond.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.