Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismics platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
The DevOps team at Seismic uses open-source tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible to drive automation of infrastructure as code. As we continue to grow and scale our product we continuously iterate to improve operational best practices for build, release, deployment, and reliability.
Our DevOps engineers play a critical role in the success of our product as we focus to shorten the process of development to delivery. With a solid understanding of software engineering, our geographically distributed team creates tools, scripts, and frameworks empowering teams to quickly and reliably release code to production. Additionally, we work closely with development teams to drive the adoption of tools and best practices throughout the SDLC. Initiatives you work on may include streamlining identity and access management, standing up a new environments, evaluating CNCF tools, or expanding into new clouds.
Who You Are:
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the work that you do
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, you know when to take charge and move forward
- Passionate for automation, you understand that automation not only saves time, but allows developers to spend more time doing what they do best - code!
- Well versed in best practices in the DevOps and Cloud Engineering fields
What you'll be doing:
- Have a key role in the design and implementation of core architectural practices supporting current and future company objectives
- Build, scale, and secure critical applications on multiple cloud-native architectures using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Establish, maintain, and evolve robust CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins , ArgoCD, and Github Actions
- Work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the Cloud Engineering team to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation leveraging instrumentation like New Relic and Logentries
- Perseverance to debug complex problems across the cloud stack
- Work collaboratively to deliver end-to-end products and features, driving the process from conception to delivery
What youll bring to the team:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps or Software/Systems engineering role in a Cloud environment
- Exceptional judgment, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leveraging infrastructure as code and infra automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis
- Solid understanding of the build and release process and continuous integration and delivery
- Strong scripting and tools created in a scripting language like PowerShell, Shell, Bash, or Python
- Understanding and passion for developing highly secure and highly available systems
Experience with the following is a Plus! (Not a requirement)
- Experience with more than one cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience as a software engineer with understanding of programming languages (Python, OOP)
- Related Cloud Certifications
- Experience with ElasticSearch
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.