The Infrastructure Engineering group (IE) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area the company allow us unusual latitude and agility. Were using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Staff in ZoomInfo Engineering are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the companys broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Within the IE group, the DevOps team is the main point of contact with, and advocate for, developers and their needs. The teams goal is to accommodate and anticipate the developers needs, providing support, infrastructure, deployment automation, and technical guidance as needed. We constantly look for ways to improve the developer experience, release infrastructure, and automation. DevOps staff provide technical guidance and infrastructure education to developers, ensuring best practices are followed while their needs are met.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in both traditional DevOps release work and modern infrastructure, with a thorough understanding of industry best practices. They will have a high level of comfort participating in challenging technical discussions and advocating for best practices in a high-paced environment.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Managing inbound requests from our Development user base
- Infrastructure, build, and config management development and code review
- Deployment, configuration, and management of automation and build chain software
- Internal customer support for cloud and DevOps technologies and processes
- Cross-training of Engineering staff on Infrastructure and DevOps concepts, procedures, and best practices
- Working hands on with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and Google)
- Working hands on with container infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, GKE, GAE, etc.)
- Configuration and management of Linux-based tools and third-party cloud services
- Championing of best practices and standards within the team, and in the larger Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of new and existing standards, procedures, and automated workflows
- Experience implementing CI/CD infrastructures (Jenkins, Circle CI, Cloud Builder, etc.) (2+ years)
- Experience deploying and managing build tools (Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Artifactory) (2+ years)
- Experience developing with, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting a Git platform for a development organization (esp. Github or Github Enterprise) (2+ years)
- Solid foundation of experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (4+ years)
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (1+ years)
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (1+ years)
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase in any language, preferably collaboratively (Groovy, GDM, Go, Python, Ansible, and Puppet preferred)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google App Engine preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or Terraform (2+ years)
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (VPNs, routers and routing protocols, TCP/IP, IPv4 and v6, UDP, OSI layers, etc.)
- Experience with load balancing and proxy technologies (Nginx, HAProxy, Apache, SQUID, ELB, etc.)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Slack-native mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate complex problems and solutions in English over a textual medium (such as Slack)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.