Demiurge seeks a Senior DevOps Engineer to develop and maintain the infrastructure that supports our developers and our customers. You'll have your finger on the pulse of our live game servers and continuously improve their performance and reliability. You are excited to seek out and destroy busywork, so your teammates can focus on making great games. You are eager to spread your knowledge across our organization, making us all more effective in how we develop and operate our games.
- Instrument and monitor the server-side systems that support Demiurges online games.
- Develop systems and evangelize processes to maximize server uptime. Predict scaling problems before they occur.
- Author code to improve the deployment process, automate testing, and control feature rollout.
- Design, implement, and administer systems for client crash-reporting and telemetry.
- Design and implement tooling to optimize developer and liveops workflows.
- Troubleshoot internal infrastructure problems for a distributed development team.
- Ensure the security of Demiurge infrastructure and maintain backups.
- Work closely with the development and IT teams to implement infrastructure improvements.
- Provide and maintain documentation for all supported infrastructure, and act as a subject matter expert.
- Investigate new technologies to support future plans and projects.
- 4+ years of experience in Operations or Engineering.
- Exceptional debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience managing a Linux-based cloud computing service for a web or mobile application.
- Experience with SQL database management
- Experience setting up automated build systems and test frameworks.
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce and Git.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Preference to Applicants with:
- Cloud management experience based on Amazons services - EC2, S3, etc.
- Experience operating Redis caches
- Experience automating testing in mobile device pools (eg Amazon Device Farm)
- Experience with mobile test build management and crash-reporting services (Microsoft App Center, Google Firebase, Apple TestFlight)
- Experience with mobile publishing and payment processing services (Apple and GooglePlay)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience working in Python and/or Go
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs