Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. Do you want to significantly influence the evolution of CarGurus infrastructure by designing and building cloud-native platforms and services for a rapidly scaling global organization? Most of our projects center around growth and scale. Whether that is continual reassessment and improvement of the website infrastructure to allow us to distribute the load around the world while becoming more elastic and flexible at the same time, which enables CarGurus to continue to accelerate the expansion of its automotive marketplace. If that sounds exciting to you, read on.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and run CarGurus production infrastructure in collaboration with Development, SRE, and Build/Delivery teams.
- Grow our global infrastructure by building new or extend existing storage, compute, and data infrastructure services and platforms. (AWS S3, EC2, etc, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Gluster, k8s, Rancher, etc.)
- Move towards 100% infrastructure as code using software and automation to repeatably instantiate and perform all lifecycle operations. (Terraform, Chef, Git, Ansible, Concourse, Bazel, etc.)
- Accelerate the adoption of containerized workloads by delivering self-service Kubernetes and VM orchestration platforms.
Who You Are
- Curious with a strong desire to innovate.
- Ability to take large projects and self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to work through ambiguity to discover the true driving factors and be able to make design decisions.
- Extremely comfortable and proficient hands-on with Linux/Unix.
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language. (Python, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Experience orchestrating public/private cloud infrastructure using CLI and/or APIs. (AWS, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience working with infrastructure as code, configuration management, and creating CI/CD pipelines. (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience building or working with a container or VM orchestration platform. (K8s, Rancher, Vmware, Docker Swarm, etc.)
- Familiar with Java web application development and production operations.
- Familiar with common data stores, their best-practice architectures and use cases. (MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Broad familiarity with IP network routing, DNS, load balancing, and security.
- At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.