The Senior Designer will be responsible for establishing and consistently delivering upon a brand vision that differentiates and propels our business forward. Reporting to the VP of Brand & Creative, you will help develop and deliver seasonal campaigns that run across a variety of mediums, with primary focus on digital, including website, mobile, email, and social media assets. You will help shape internal and external partners to bring our brand to life in a way that drives awareness, preference, and motivates purchase. Collaborating closely with marketing, user experience, and merchandising teams to accomplish aggressive goals, you will have a broad impact on the organization and its customers. If you love being part of a team, and are excited to dive into new things, we encourage you to apply.
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
- Partner with VP Brand Marketing & Creative and team to develop creative concepts and strategies that align with our brand initiatives.
- Develop the overall look or style of campaign in tandem with revising the brand guidelines and developing unique experiences for our different consumer segments
- Day to day oversight and execution of all visual assets needed to run and grow our business. This includes emails, web pages, onsite banners, display ads, social media campaigns, digital ads, and printed materials
- Design original vector graphics and illustrations, motion graphics, branding, layouts, infographics, UI visuals, etc.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the creative team of graphic designers and copywriters
- Develop timelines and prioritize requests through refining the briefing process to ensure the growing workload is effectively managed and delivered on time from concept to execution
- Manage and maintain the growing assets and image banks of our vendors and our own creative
- Plan and execute product photography and model photo shoots in partnership with internal team and external agencies
- Maintain ongoing expertise in advertising, website, design trends and advancements
- Be a brand champion, educating and helping everyone in the organization act in ways that are consistent with and true to our branding and company values
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 4-8 years of experience creating designs that not only look great, but differentiate and sell
- Are able to translate designs & ensure seamless on-brand look across all platforms (web, tablet, mobile, apps, and print)
- Have expertise with design software/tools (Adobe CS, InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)
- Have an understanding of the flexibility and limitations of HTML and CSS and can apply this knowledge when building landing pages and shop wireframes
- Boast a strong portfolio that demonstrates success in developing brands and driving direct response
- Have experience in photography or photo studio management
- Pride yourself on superb communication skills, verbal and written, and are persuasive
- Have a keen eye with superb attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Work well across a wide spectrum of tasks, from the strategic to the tactical
- Self-starter, self-motivated and yet a strong team-player without an ego
- Working knowledge of the print process (papers, inks, file preparation, etc.) a plus
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!