829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, REI, Leave No Trace and many more.
829 Studios is seeking a user interface designer who has the chops to confidently lead the design and presentation of a variety of digital projects.
As an integrated digital marketing agency, 829 Studios crafts strategic online experiences that engage consumers across an ecosystem of touchpoints. Design is at the heart of what we do. We have a talented team of visual and interaction designers who strive to set the bar higher each time when it comes to beautiful and effective websites.
What Were Looking For
As a user interface designer, you get excited about solving complex design challenges in a collaborative team environment. UI design is your passion and youre not afraid to let your nerd flag fly. You advocate strongly for user needs while balancing business goals. You are on a mission to create experiences that are as intuitive as they are delightful. To truly create exceptional experiences, you also understand the importance of content and brand story development. All in all, you work well with others, know how to keep the momentum going throughout a project, and have a sense of humor to boot.
What Youll Do
- Take a leadership role in the entire design process successfully blending strategically-defined business objectives with a brand-oriented visual aesthetic.
- Work directly with a variety of clients to define the creative direction of their projects. Establish yourself as an expert and trusted advisor. Contribute to client presentations, convey ideas succinctly and deliver strategic recommendations with confidence.
- Contribute to the growth and mentoring of other design team members.
- Collaborate with an in-house team of developers, project managers and strategists to take designs from concept to working product. While this position does not require any CSS/HTML programming, youll be responsible for communicating desired UI/UX functionality to developers.
- Help to define and adhere to project scope for current and prospective work.
- Take on multiple projects at the same time and work with cross-functional teams.
- Evolve and implement best practices to achieve better quality digital experiences.
- At least five years of agency experience as a UI Designer, Design Lead, or comparable role.
- Expert command of Sketch and the Adobe Suite of design products - particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. You are obsessed with best practices and keep your files tidy.
- Expertise with Invision, Principle or similar prototyping tools.
- A strong design portfolio with a focus on UI/UX design.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You must be able to effectively communicate project goals and articulate the ideas behind the work we produce.
- The ability to command a meeting or phone call and establish a rapport with clients.
- An understanding of integrated digital marketing and its various components.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems like WordPress and Drupal.
- Experience working collaboratively with talented designers, developers, and project managers.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From