Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Its not hard to see the problem: we bet you or those close to you have your own stories about struggling with medical bills, fighting with health insurance, or trying to find quality care at a reasonable cost. Millions of hours, and billions of dollars are wasted each year. At Cedar, our technology empowers healthcare providers and insurance companies to work together to offer patients an exceptional and affordable financial experience.
We are looking for a Senior Design Program Manager to join the Design Operations team as we support the Product Design team at Cedar. You will focus on amplifying designs value by driving strategic cross-product initiatives and encouraging a strong design community. You will scale and support design processes to ensure the design team is running efficiently as we rapidly grow.
Our ideal candidate will do more than just make project plans; this person will help move metrics that matter to our company. This candidate will drive impact across product teams by understanding their needs and applying empathy in order to solve meaningful problems.
- Working with design leadership, you will own the management of cross-product strategic projects: scope, define, coordinate, and be accountable for successful outcomes
- Drive communication and proactively connect with cross-functional partners
- Manage, track, and communicate progress across your projects, facilitate decision-making, resolve blockers, and proactively identify problems
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to coordinate accessibility initiatives and ensure WCAG requirements are met (facilitate training and development, incorporating process improvements, etc.)
- Evolve processes and tools to make sure the design team can deliver measurable value without unnecessary complexity in their workflow
- Support the design systems team with roadmap development and planning
- Coordinate skill development and learning opportunities for the design team
- Support design hiring and onboarding new designers
- Contribute to the growing Design Ops function at Cedar by contributing practices, frameworks, and operating models
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in program management, project management, and/or producing
- Experience working with a design team
- Passion for building and scaling design organizations and communities
- A self-starter that thrives in ambiguity, is flexible with shifting priorities and takes initiative in helping teams find solutions
- Strong operational skills, with a proven track record to prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute multiple projects at the same time
- A relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust and aligns stakeholders
- Positive demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of human-centered design and iterative development processes
- Familiarity with design tooling (Figma, Miro, etc.) and project management tooling (Jira, Airtable, G Suite, etc.)
- Experience with WCAG requirements and designing for accessibility and inclusivity
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of September 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Product Designer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.