As a Senior Demand Planner on the Supply Chain Planning team, you will be responsible for the demand planning process and its associated forecasts. In this role you will work cross-functionally with multiple departments to create and refine forecasts as well as developing operational and tactical demand plans. This role is critical to ensure Markforged maintains a high service level. You will report to the Supply Chain Planning Lead, building strong relationships with other departments while working closely with the operations teams. The ideal candidate exhibits exceptional communication, good data analysis skills and a solid knowledge of supply chain fundamental concepts. This individual must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple project assignments and be willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced organization.
What will you own?
- Develop insights through generation of demand plans
- Own the effort to improve and maintain accurate item forecasts, globally and regionally, and call out risks and improvement opportunities.
- Take the lead in creating the demand plan as part of the S&OP process
- Assist with Demand Planning system development, maintenance, and improvement
- Use historical data, cross-functional inputs and statistical models to develop and assess forecasts and demand plans
- Create and communicate what-if scenario plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunities that meet or exceed sales, margin, productivity, and inventory expectations.
- Collaborate with sales channels, as well as, the Product, Marketing, and Finance teams to ensure plans meet or exceed company expectations/goals.
- Be a key player in our inventory planning, Cash Up and management process.
- Lead efforts to ensure global stock position is in line w/ Company targets, enabling forward fulfillment to meet organizational commitments to our customers.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as required.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, or Sales Planning function.
- Hardware planning experience highly desired
- Experience with statistical forecasting is highly desirable
- Experience with working in an ERP system. Comfortable with spreadsheets and collaboration softwares
- Someone who is detail oriented with the ability to work independently in a proactive manner
- Someone who has a strong sense of initiative and can be resilient outside their comfort zone as they take on new tasks
- Ability to dive into a problem and surface with a concrete plan for the team
- High energy and can effectively manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills; and possess the ability to communicate effectively up and down stream and across departments.
- Drive accountability with internal and external stakeholders