Motional has an exciting opportunity to work within a world-class team of engineers including inventors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) and LaserNet. The ML Team is doubling in size, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system. This is a senior engineering role on our Perception-Prediction Team.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Research and develop neural networks for perception and prediction problems such as object detection, classification, sensor fusion, etc.
- Develop and train deep learning detectors and classifiers which utilize a variety of data types, including imagery, range doppler data, amplitude, metadata, and complex or real valued RF signals including pulsed and continuous signals
- Conduct deep learning experiments, analyze data, and write reports
- Own the full life cycle of new features development from proof of concept stage to on-car software integration by coordinating with the downstream teams
What Were Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. for classification, regression, and clustering)
- Experience in signal processing
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: object detection, image segmentation, sensor fusion
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing libraries and Python bindings development experience
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g. version control, CI)
- Strong applied math background
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICL, etc.)
- Experience in radar signal processing, and/or audio signal processing
- Strong programming skills in C++ and/or CUDA programming
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.