We are looking for experienced and motivated Senior Database Engineer who will join our cross-platform Database Services Team in Boston, MA. You will support multiple mission-critical highly transactional Postgres, SQL Server and non-relational databases on-prem and in the Cloud, collaborate with business users, and help developers with data-tier architecture, performance tuning and database development.
We are expecting you to have experience working as both, Infrastructure and Developer DBA, be proficient in automation, and willing to learn and work in highly energetic environment.
What You'll Do:
- Work as the member of cross-platform Database Services team
- Be responsible for meeting various SLAs for multiple database platforms used in the company
- Troubleshoot and address various issues in the systems
- Participate in system and data tier architecture, performance tuning and help with database development of performance-critical code
- Architect and implement HA/DR/Backup/Maintenance strategies in the company
- Collaborate with development teams in the organization
- Learn other database platforms and technologies
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of experience working with Postgres and/or SQL Server as Infrastructure and Developer DBA
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides and best use-case.
- In depth knowledge of relational databases in general, and Postgres and/or SQL Server in particular. If you dont have experience working with both platforms, we will ask you to learn it and help you in your journey
- Experience working with the databases in the public cloud, specifically AWS.
- Experience automating routine DBA tasks, CI/CD Pipeline
- Experience implementing HA/DR/Maintenance/Backup strategies in complex systems
- Ability to perform system monitoring and address various issues in the system
- Ability to do performance tuning and database development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or related fields
- Position may require travel
- Software development experience and knowledge of modern software development processes
- Knowledge of other analytical database platforms such as Vertica and Snowflake
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Proficient in scripting using Terraform, Python, etc.
- Experience in Agile development methodology & Agile development tools
- E-commerce, Retail, Supply Chain functional knowledge
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com