EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey – from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
What you’ll do
- Manage highly available SQL Server clusters across development and production environments
- Establish disaster recovery, backup, and restore strategies, and support intersystem replication
- Lead efforts to automate cloud operations and infrastructure, balancing cost and performance
- Collaborate and consult with application teams to determine appropriate schema design and database platforms
- Provide expert troubleshooting support and proactively improve database and server performance
- Define, document, and evangelize best practices and recommended technologies
Who you are
- Experienced SQL Server Database Administrator (2014/2016/2019)
- Demonstrated ability provisioning and leveraging AWS services
- Passionate about automating cloud/database/maintenance operations
- Self-starter who thrives in an autonomous environment
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and explore new database engines
Let’s talk about the Perks
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more…
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.