Examity is a world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support over 500 clients, and proctor millions of exams per year.
Being one of the fastest-growing Edtech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we're able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing large-scale data intelligence solutions around the Snowflake Data Warehouse.
What You'll Do
• Lead technical design and development activities to implement large-scale data solutions in Snowflake, supporting multiple use cases of reporting and analytics.
• Capture business and technical requirements, performing analysis to implement solutions.
• Work with wide range of stakeholders, demonstrating knowledge of the Snowflake ecosystem to clearly articulate the value proposition of cloud modernization and transformation.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or a related IT discipline; or possess equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with data warehousing methodologies, modelling techniques, and SQL.
• At least 3 years of utilizing Snowflake, ELT concepts and tools, and creating master datasets. Experience with MDM tool is plus.
• Exposure to migration, data cloud solutions, and the implementation of operational production solutions on Snowflake.
• Hands-on experience in cloud technologies, such as o AWS - S3, Glacier, EC2, Lambda, SQS, Redshift, Azure - Blob Storage, and SQL data warehouse.
• Prior knowledge of handling semi-structured data (JSON, XML) using the VARIANT attribute in Snowflake.
• Must have a solid understanding of architecting, designing and operationalization of large-scale data and analytics solutions on Snowflake.
• Experience developing ETL pipelines in and out of Snowflake using a combination of Python, C# or any other language.
• Previous success in data re-clustering in Snowflake, with thorough understanding of how micro-partition works is a plus.
• Experience in Snow-Pipe for handling streaming data is a plus.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and 401k. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced, and high-energy. Examity’s urban office located in Newton, MA provides easy access to local shopping and restaurants, plus close proximity to downtown Boston. Employees at Examity enjoy our stocked kitchen with free snacks, drinks, and coffee!
You can't spell Examity without "team." Which is why we built our business around the most collaborative and passionate people in the industry. We're always looking to grow our family, so if you're interested in joining us, please don't hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you! Examity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive because of the diversity of our employees. At Examity, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are always welcome. We foster an environment of mutual respect and do not tolerate any discrimination. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.