TVision is the leader in TV engagement metrics. We measure what was previously unmeasurable - how people actually watch TV in their homes. Utilizing cutting edge computer vision technology, sophisticated algorithms, and data science techniques, TVision goes beyond traditional TV data to measure whether the audience is actually in the room, how many people are watching, and if they are paying attention to the TV. Were able to produce unique data that cuts across traditional and streaming TV content. TVision is the only company that can measure viewer engagement across a large panel passively and continuously, producing unbiased data, which is critical for applying modern day data science. Our data products empower both media buyers and sellers: we allow advertisers to optimize their marketing allocation to reach their target audience, and enable networks and streaming services to maximize their advertisement revenues.
After 6 years of hard work, TVision has built distinctive technology, a robust panel of TV viewers, differentiated products, and loyal customers. Positioned for exponential growth, TVision just finished a record year for revenue, and is backed by established industry leaders including Susquehanna International Group (lead investor of Bytedance). We were selected as a Best Place to Work 2019 by Built in Boston, and Business Insider named TVision one of the top ad tech companies to watch in 2019, 2020, and 2021!
Our employees are currently working remotely, but traditionally TVision is headquartered in New York City, with engineering offices in Boston. Since the COVID pandemic we have actively fostered a fully remote culture, expanded a geographically distributed team, and organized many fun activities, including team hackathons and in-person meetups when it is safe to do so.
Data Science is core to what TVision does, and our projects have high visibility in directly impacting the results of our business and our clients. In this role, you will be contributing to the development of our analytics-focused products and guide the evolution of the TV measurement industry. Your efforts will impact our methodologies, our data, and the way it is delivered and ultimately used across the industry to make TV advertising better for brands and consumers alike.
Primary Job Functions
- Support the innovation and incubation of data products (models and algorithms) from our ACR and Computer Vision data
- Work closely with Panel Operations to monitor and improve our viewer panel through analytics
- Work closely with engineering resources to bring proof of concept solutions to market
- Apply data-driven solutions to improve the accuracy and stability of processed data
- Use Data Science techniques to extract insights and predict / forecast future performance
- Collaborate with business team (Sales, Marketing, Panel Operations, Engineering) to solve high impact problems
- MS (preferred) or BS in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant quantitative field
- Candidates with an MS should have 4 years of industry experience (internships/co-ops count)
- Candidates with a BS should have 6 years of industry experience (internships/co-ops count)
- Expertise in statistical analysis and probabilistic modeling
- Expertise in data science tenets such as feature selection and machine learning
- Fluency in relational databases (SQL)
- Fluency in Python
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and can translate them into technical solutions
- Ability to contribute independently while still being a good role model to others
- Familiarity and/or interest in the advertising / media industry a plus