Join our industry leading Data Science team at one of the most successful consumer businesses in Boston where you can jumpstart your career in data science with a rare consumer focus and a cutting-edge toolkit at the forefront of technology. Work with our seasoned data scientists and engineers to build innovative solutions that power our online retail business. Come help us build the next generation of our products!
What you will accomplish:
- Work on challenging data science projects like NLP, computer vision, recommender systems, advanced statistical prediction models, and other AI technologies to drive revenue and enhance personalized shopping experiences of our 50M members.
- Develop innovative solutions to business problems leveraging both classic and cutting edge data science algorithms/frameworks.
- Work with a state-of-the-art data technology stack (Spark, Tensorflow, Snowflake, Airflow, AWS Ecosystems) that operates in the cloud to empower predictive modeling services for both internal and external customers.
- Productionize scalable and distributed data science solutions in cloud based ecosystems and be responsible to day-to-day production support.
- Identify opportunities for data science to increase the organizations efficiency and lift our core business.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of business stakeholders and departments ranging from Marketing, Merchandising, Planning to Executive Leadership.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on data-driven product objectives.
What you have:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Statistics /physics/math.
- Possess experience with machine learning and software development, statistical modeling, large scale data analytics and feature engineering.
- Years of experience working with Python and SQL.
- Knowledge of Spark or similar big data tools and technology is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a close-knit team, ego-less coding habits, and a collaborative spirit.
About the Team:
The Data Science team is made up of some of the country's smartest and most talented software engineering and data science individuals and leads who have been given the freedom to use the latest cutting edge techniques and technologies in their experimentation to move the data science and personalization efforts forward to the goal of increasing the magic of our 50M members' online shopping experience and our annual revenues. The data science team is positioned very uniquely in the sense that the team is responsible for both creating data science solutions and productionizing the solutions in a scalable cloud environment, which removes the barrier between the science and engineering that we typically see in the industry.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home dcor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other