Come and join our incredibly talented, innovative, influential and highly productive Data Science team. Work with seasoned data scientists and software engineers to build data science solutions using bleeding-edge technologies that power a half-billion-dollar online luxury retail website. Big data frameworks, deep learning, NLP, image processing and recognition, pricing models, life time value, forecasting prediction, streaming predictions and analytics and much more
What you will accomplish:
- Be part of the team working on challenging data science projects like NLP, image recognition, recommendation systems, advanced statistical prediction models, and AI products to drive revenue and enhance personalized shopping experiences of our 16M members.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques, including deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow and BigDL), Apache Spark ML (scala and python), and the Anacondas stack (python), focusing on implementing production-level code based on both OO and functional programming fundamentals.
- Work with a state of the art data technology stack (Spark, Snowflake, Airflow, AWS) that operates in the cloud and utilizes python/scala to empower predictive modeling services for both internal and external customers.
- Work with a tight-knit, highly productive and highly experienced team of Developers and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of business stakeholders and departments ranging from Marketing, Merchandising, Engineering and Executive Leadership.
- Work on meaningful, large scale problems for one of the most successful consumer businesses in Boston that can jumpstart your career in data science with a rare consumer focus and a cutting-edge toolkit that is at the forefront of modern and future data science applications.
What you have:
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Statistics /physics or math
- Possess experience with machine learning and software development, statistical modeling, large scale data analytics and feature engineering
- Languages Required (Advanced Level): Python, SQL
- Languages Preferred (Intermediate Level): Scala
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a close-knit team, ego-less coding habits, and a collaborative spirit
For Bonus Points: You have experience working in an e-commerce software development environment, TensorFlow or Big DL.
About the Team:
The Data Science team is made up of some of the country's smartest and talented software engineering and data science individuals and leads who have been given the freedom to use the latest cutting edge techniques and technologies in their experimentation to move the data science and personalization efforts forward to the goal of increasing the magic of our 16M members' online shopping experience and our annual revenues.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 30+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home dcor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital status, caregiver status, familial status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.