Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Creator Marketplace team Spotifys division dedicated to helping artists thrive.
Creators mission is to build features and services that help artists (and their teams) grow an audience, monetize their fans, and make their best art. A key focus of that mission is to empower artists using Spotify for Artists with measurable marketing tools that find new listeners and activate existing fans. In this role, using our petabytes of data, you will help discover and then optimize how music is promoted, accounting for a complex set of listener preferences and a diverse set of artist goals. In doing so, you will have a meaningful impact on bringing Spotifys two-sided marketplace vision to life.
What you'll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive Spotifys strategy across promotional products
- Work on data projects that balance the needs of our two sided marketplace, considering promotional goals of artists, with listener enjoyment and discovery
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in a desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product owners, engineers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotifys two sided marketplace
- Define the metrics we use to measure the health of our marketing tools
- Work with our product teams based in Boston, and travel as needed to work with our product teams in New York
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, a strong business sense, and understanding of marketplace dynamics
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have substantial experience with A/B testing, from creating success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and communicating those findings with clear product recommendations or implications
- Youre familiar with machine learning and data engineering concepts in production and at scale
- Coding skills (Python or R)
- Analytics tools experience (SQL)
- Youre a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezonesYoure capable of mentoring more junior data scientist to set them up for success
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
More Jobs From