The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.
Note: This role has a hybrid work arrangement (2 days per week in Boston office)
Are you looking for a chance to be part of a high performing team that is passionate about data? Are you intrigued by Investments and Finance? Does the thought of building a modern cloud-based data platform from the ground up excite you? If yes, then join us and be part of a team that's forging the path to data-driven success.
At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants, and their families.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Liberty Mutual Investments Technology, we are seeking two highly skilled Sr. Data Engineers to join our dynamic team. As a Sr. Data Engineer in our Data Engineering Chapter, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of data analysis while thriving in a fast-paced environment that encourages personal growth and development.
- Work in Data and Analytics squad to design, develop, and enhance the data and analytics solutions and pipelines, driving data-driven decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, and engineering teams to iteratively create data and analytics solutions that meet both business and technical requirements.
- Work closely with development team in building Innovative, API first, cloud native solutions using AWS platform, Snowflake, Snaplogic, Python, Rest API etc.
- Continuously enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and overall quality.
- Optimize and fine-tune existing data pipelines for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Implement data quality checks and monitoring processes to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in data engineering and recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team; collaborate in technical documentation; participate in code reviews and adhering to engineering excellence/best practices.
- A bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related data engineering experience with focus on designing and building data pipelines
- Proficient in SQL and hands on experience with Python
- Experience with Data modeling and data warehousing
- Experience with public cloud data platforms, Snowflake (preferable), AWS, Azure
- Proficiency with AWS Services including but not limited to AWS S3, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, AWS EC2
- Proficient with ETL/ELT data pipelines, patterns for loading Data Warehouses, Lakes
- Experience with build/deploy automation & DevOps frameworks (CI/CD, Bamboo, GitHub Actions, pipeline-as-code)
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Previous experience in Investments / Asset Management, Finance Data modeling, is highly desirable
- Familiarity in building and consuming APIs (REST, API Gateway, etc.)
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured processes
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration tools (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes)
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.