Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Technology Organization:
The mission of the technology team is to provide the super powered infrastructure that enables Thras.io to operate the most efficient, innovative, and effective next generation consumer products company in the world. If you are interested in working with large data systems, applying data science and predictive analytics, or building powerful interfaces for internal business customers then you will find those opportunities at Thrasio.
The Data Connectivity Team designs, builds and maintains the integrated platform that securely procures and links critical business data from disparate internal and external sources. This involves assimilating all structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and normalizing it to a form conducive to Thrasios business needs (think supply chain, marketing, finance). We are the first mile in Thrasios data engine and enable delivery of business value from data.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, high-performance, and low-cost data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS/cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for Metrics, algorithms and machine learning models
- Own and Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Creation and support of Batch and real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including API gateway, Glue, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda, and Athena etc.
- Develop tools, plug-ins, and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools such as Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Docker, Github, and other microservices.
- Continual research of the latest big data and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency.
- Drive and participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Collaborate with the Data team, product owners, Business stakeholders, Scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics.
- Be an integral part of the scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality.
- Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and updated periodically. Review work of Junior associates in the team.
- Analyze the business Problems and deliver Optimal solutions using AWS Technologies.
What you bring to the party:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, or related fields
- Passion for building scalable solutions that enable the extraction and processing of big data sets to enable accurate decision making
- Experience with software configuration management tools(Git) and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Ability to write complex SQL statements.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in a programming language especially for data manipulation and ability to build, maintain and deploy sequences of automated processes with these tools - We use Python but are open to any object oriented programming language such as Java, C++, etc.
- Knowledge and strong advocate for software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work with Product and non-technical teams to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Analytics or an equivalent quantitative degree.
- Experience using data transformation tools such as panda, pyspark, etc.
- Experience in designing micro services based applications and data pipelines, concepts of ETLs Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus
- Experience in using business intelligence reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with at least one cloud platform; Azure, Amazon, or Google. Thrasio uses Amazon and hence experience there is a plus.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (S3, Athena, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, API gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, Step Function etc).
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.