Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Data Connectivity Team designs, builds and maintains the integrated platform that securely procures and links critical business data from disparate internal and external sources. This involves assimilating all structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and normalizing it to a form conducive to Thrasios business needs (think supply chain, marketing, finance). We are the first mile in Thrasios data engine and enable delivery of business value from data.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, high-performance, and low-cost data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS/cloud technologies..
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for Metrics, algorithms and machine learning models
- Own and Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Creation and support of Batch and real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including API gateway, Glue, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda, and Athena etc.
- Develop tools, plug-ins, and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools such as Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Docker, Github, and other microservices.
- Continual research of the latest big data and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency.
- Drive and participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Collaborate with the Data team, product owners, Business stakeholders, Scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics.
- Be an integral part of the scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality.
- Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and updated periodically. Review work of Junior associates in the team.
- Analyze the business Problems and deliver Optimal solutions using AWS Technologies.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, or related fields with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Ability to write complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency in a programming language - Python.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (S3, Athena, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, API gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, Step Function etc).
- Experience with software configuration management tools(Git) and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Takes pride in an efficient designs and accurate results
- Objectively analyzes the pros, cons, and tradeoffs of a design path and helps the team to arrive at the most optimal solution, which may not be their own.
- Ability to work with Product and Non-technical teams to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- Effective team player. Honest and respectful of others
Nice to Have, but Not Required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent STEM degree
- Experience in Web application development.
- Experience in using business intelligence reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Quicksight etc.).
- Experience in designing backend micro services.
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus.
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and arent afraid to challenge assumptions, so were looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
Youre encouraged to apply even if your experience doesnt precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.