A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
In our mission to take care of every member like they were our own mom or dad, we believe that data is a super power to deliver great service and clinical care. Our Data Engineering team designs and builds the infrastructure to support this capability.
In this role, you will write tools to make it easier for our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to build and deploy scalable, reliable data pipelines and machine learning models. You will help develop and improve a Data Platform built with modern tools like Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt, Amundsen, Kubernetes, and Terraform. You will work on a wide range of impactful projects. Examples of our work include a Change-Data-Capture solution to stream data to Snowflake, deploying Airflow on Kubernetes, migrating our SQL pipelines to dbt, and writing a Snowflake SQL formatter and linter. We write most of our tools in Python or Go.
You will be joining a team that values using the right tool for the job with an emphasis on performance, reliability, and maintainability. We also believe in continuously evaluating decisions and striving for improvement as a team. Additionally, we value sharing knowledge, eliminating silos, and collaboration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and maintain a robust, scalable data platform
- Collaborate with Data Science on tooling to develop and deploy reliable data pipelines and products
- Ensure data availability, quality, and reliability in the data platform
- Mentor junior engineers on the team and help them level up
- Identify areas for improvement with the platform
- Propose new/improved solutions and lead them from design to implementation
- Develop best practices for data modelling, pipelines, and testing
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things
- Comfort with ambiguity and a desire to be close to business problems
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and improve as a team
- Desire to contribute individually with the ability to self-direct work
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 7+ years working as an individual technical contributor
- 5+ years' experience with databases and data engineering
- Experience working with Cloud Data Warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Firebolt, etc.)
- Experience developing in Python or Go
- Experience with a Workflow Orchestrator (Airflow, Luigi, Dagster, Prefect, etc.)
- A strong understanding of data warehousing and data modelling principles
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Terraform
- Exposure deploying service to Kubernetes
- Exposure to CI/CD for software systems
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.