The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Senior Data Center Project Manager to manage a new Data Center Construction Build in Northern New Jersey.
What's the role:
The Senior Data Center Project Manager will have full time responsibility for a data center build project's coordination and detailed financial management throughout all phases. The role will include working alongside the Critical Infrastructure department and coordination with Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internal departments.
This is a high profile role for a highly technical and relevantly experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in managing large scale data center construction projects. Experience with Critical Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems, planning and scheduling, due diligence, and the essential financial governance that accompanies them is essential. Experience of colocation facilities would also be an advantage.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide leadership to the Data Center Project Management team with a broad set of responsibilities.
- Coordinate and manage the design, construction and commissioning of all critical systems, including but not limited to diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, HVAC equipment, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Coordinate and manage all meetings including effectiveness, time management and documentation management.
- Coordinate and manage all change management processes including procedural developments and risk assessments.
- Coordinate and manage communication with all Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internal departments.
- Coordinate and manage all Data Center Facility documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals for final turnover.
- Coordinate and manage Data Center Facilities Training during commissioning process and final turnover.
- Manage budgets and financial governance, outlining all aspects of construction and site development.
- Manage and approve vendor purchase orders, invoices and cost tracking utilizing industry best practices.
- Coordinate and manage the testing and commissioning process to meet the project's requirements and goals.
- Prepare and manage presentations and reports detailing construction and budgetary progress to management.
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Data Center Project Management.
- Financial Project Management and Governance Experience greater than $100 Million.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Systems.
- Experience and knowledge within a data center environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems.
- Experience with reading and understanding Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) and Architectural Plans and Specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Experience with Real Estate leases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel for Factory Witness Testing
We'd love to see:
- Sustainability / LEED experience
- Proficiency and understanding of Data Center Information Technology (IT) Systems including telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From