Office Tour Photos
Were looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive data-based decision making across edX and for our partners. As a Sr. Data Analyst working side-by-side with the cross-functional Programs team, youll support our B2C product(s), which bring to market a range of content and educational program types.
Integrating data insights across a range of business and product decisions is a top edX strategic priority. This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team of analysts and data scientists - individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity and communication skills. In this role, your work will have a major and highly visible impact on edXs mission of providing high-quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Be a driving influencer in the use and application of analysis to solve business problems.
- Define (or redefine) the leading indicators of success for your team. Define, develop and monitor the metrics or dashboards to enable reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Become an expert in translating your teams needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights to support the continuing advancement of our B2C products.
- Leverage a range of financial, learner-related and behavioral data to uncover issues or opportunities your teams can use to innovate and improve product and GTM strategies
- Collaborate with data engineering and your analytics peers to identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders at all levels of the organization with a point of view and a desire to enable your teams to make a data-driven decision.
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus.
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision-making via a wide range of analyses.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with large datasets: particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including strong SQL skills and experience with a scripting language such as Python, R, or others.
- Experience with experimental design, analysis and tooling (e.g., Optimizely)
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Experience working in (or proficient understanding of) a content-driven product/business
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker Power BI); web-based analytical tools (e.g., Amplitude, Segment) - or demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed.
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a business line early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
More Jobs From