iRobot is looking for a Data Scientist with a focus on marketing applications to join our Performance Analytics team.
Our teams mission is to lead Analytics Roadmap and Measurement Strategies ensuring that data & insight is the bedrock of decision making across the organization. As a Data Scientist, well expect you to have a strong background in assembling data sources, building models, and mining for insights and recommendations. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, intellectually curious, and detail oriented.
About the job:
- Build predictive models to forecast business KPIs, determining appropriate channel targets and allocations.
- Build models to forecast revenue, understand attribution or LTV, and predict conversion or churn rates.
- Perform analyses and data mining to segment our customers, joining data points across multiple sources to develop a comprehensive consumer profile.
- Advise on marketing strategy and campaigns across digital channels.
- Running experiments on user journeys.
- Test hypotheses about campaign performance using appropriate statistical methods.
- Uphold scientific best practices in experimental design and cohort selection.
- Build reporting solutions to monitor performance and share information across the organization
- Expert in Python, SQL, and data visualization and proficient in pandas, numpy, sklearn, scipy, matplotlib, or plotly.
- Possess fundamental understanding of machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression, decision trees, time-series analysis, clustering, etc.)
- Savvy in statistical methods and able to select the right test for each situation.
- Experience in Google Analytics is a plus
- Can balance business considerations with the need for scientific rigor.
- Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience in the marketing domain.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, delivery-focused environment.
- Skilled communicator who can collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
- At least 2-4 years of relevant job experience. M.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, or social sciences is a plus.