Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, were on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors dont want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. Weve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. Were backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
Mynd is seeking a Data Scientist to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide insights and make data-driven decisions to optimize our business performance. You will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting complex data sets, designing and maintaining scalable data pipelines and providing recommendations to support decision-making.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify key insights and trends that support business decisions
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data analysis projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and develop reports, dashboards and visualizations to communicate insights and trends effectively.
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality, reliability, and accuracy through automation and process improvement
- Communicate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Provide mentorship to junior analysts in the team
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in an analytical role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, R) is a big plus
- Familiarity with data warehousing and ETL tools such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift and dbt a plus
- Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions and solve complex problems
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and in a team environment
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$124,500 - $168,500 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our Project Investor Myndset program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynds equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an A Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.