Data & Analytics Engineering (DAE) Senior Data Analysts profile, define, and catalog analytical data structures, messages, and databases to enable translation of complex business data into usable computer systems. Data Analysts work with data modelers, data stewards, engineers and data architects to profile data and assist with designing databases and data structures that meet organizational needs using data models. They support the creation of data models and data catalogs designed to improve efficiency and business value and may focus on issues such as reducing data redundancy, improving data quality or improving data movement across systems.
An ideal DAE Senior Data Analyst is an analytical and creative thinker who is not intimidated by roadblocks and challenges. They understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions. Senior Data Analysts perform well under pressure, possessing great focus while completing projects efficiently. They should be able to work well as part of a team, but also carry responsibility for their own work. Senior Data Analysts also need to be able to work on multiple projects at a time, with the ability to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies. Below are the skills and abilities that Data Analytics and Engineering will look for in a Senior Data Analyst.
What you will do:
- Work with the Data Stewards, Data Modelers, Data Architects, DAE and Application Development teams to profile data and translate business needs into practical data definitions
- Support the creation of Conceptual Data Models for multiple domains within our Canonical Model
- Support the creation of Physical Data Models using Data Vault 2.0 for our datalake and data warehouse aligned to the canonical model
- Lead and facilitate requirements and data characteristics gathering sessions
- Support modeling teams with table creation and development team mentoring
- Support the creation and oversight of data governance policies and processes
- Contribute policies and guidelines for the governance of Data Management standards and best practices
- Understand and document how data is, or will be used, and its implications on people, processes, products and technology
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in insurance industry
- 2+ years experience with Erwin modeling tool
- Prior experience with Snowflake or similar SaaS offering
- 3+ years experience with cloud-based Data Warehouse and Data Lake environments
- Previous experience translating business requirements into Data Profiles, Conceptual models and Data Catalogs
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively on large scale data projects
Experience in these areas is a Plus:
- Prior experience modeling using Data Vault 2.0
- Previous experience supporting the modeling of an enterprise canonical model
- Has worked with industry standard ACORD model
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Snaplogic
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, MicroStrategy)
- Exposure with messaging solution like Kafka and MQ
- Experience in Enterprise reference and master data management strategies
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.