We are seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel who is motivated by a desire to continuously improve and set the bar for best practices. A successful candidate is someone who loves to learn with a strong work ethic and a deep commitment to the success of the team. This person will have substantial responsibilities with daily impact in adding to the forward momentum of HealthEdge’s growth. In this role, you will have responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel in support of a dynamic, fast-paced SaaS business.
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal advice, counsel and recommendations to sales professionals and other stakeholders on numerous legal and business issues
- Draft, review, negotiate and close commercial contracts, including SaaS subscription contracts, license and services agreements, service orders, and related documents with customers, partners, resellers, data licensors and vendors
- Coordinate with other groups (Finance, Marketing, Professional Services, Security, IT and others) in commercial contracting matters to support company policies and procedures
- Monitor and provide guidance on data privacy and other applicable laws and regulations, as part of our global compliance program
- Provide legal support related to acquisitions and strategic alliances, including due diligence reviews and negotiations of purchase and sale agreements
- Create and maintain standard templates, business processes and internal policies to help scale the business
- Interface with and manage support from outside counsel
What you bring:
- 8-10 years of commercial law experience, including work in a large law firm or in-house in a technology company
- Ability to work independently to draft and close commercial agreements with minimal support from senior staff
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a distributed team and a fast-paced business environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to tackle a variety of legal issues with a proactive approach to getting things done.