EF Go Ahead Tours
Note: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the world is to experience it, and every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
As our eCommerce-driven Copywriter, you will be the lead writer and an important strategic partner for our websitea primary and critical channel. Your work will inspire customer engagement with our site at all stages of the customer journey. It will range from promo driven display copy, to merchandising opportunities, to helping craft and feature our story and key benefitsjust to name a few. This is an exciting opportunity to use your craft to elevate our website and drive real marketing results. Get ready to make a big impact at an ever-innovating organization.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience at an agency, design firm or in-house creative group.
- Have spent most of your career in digital, ideally with a focus on e-commerce.
- Have an impressive online portfolio showing a range of site copy.
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas.
- The mind of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solveryou get excited flexing left & right brain alike!
- Have a mastery of grammar and a willingness to proofread and peer review work.
- Love to learn (and share) new things.
- Have an Ill figure it out attitude and approach.
- Are a positive pro-active problem solver.
- Get excited about tackling projects youve never done before.
- Are willing to jump in wherever and whenever the team needs.
- Put team above self.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or cool factor, as an opportunity.
- Prefer working in teams vs being the solo creative; we are a collaborative bunch.
- Cant stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes the best work and work environment.
- Are the in-house creative group for EF Go Ahead Tours. You can check out some of our work at efgoaheadtours.com, instagram.com/goaheadtours and youtube.com/goaheadtours
- Sit next to and partner directly with our marketing and technology partners (well now we just Zoom), so that we can keep things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make great work and get it out there for people to experienceinstead of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go live).
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- Are flexible, scrappy, and dedicated to building the best travel brand out there. (We are really just getting started building this thing.)
- Have big ambitions and want to collaborate with people who are hungry, curious and relentless about results.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Cant stand dramaalthough we do like dramas, have you seen that show on Netflix that everyone is talking about? No? Its pretty good, you should check it out.
- Are a touch weird...we like to think in a fun way but maybe its more like a fun way. (You be the judge.)
- Partnering with the ACD Copy and other key stakeholders, this role will be the lead writer for one of our main channels, our website. Most of the work in the day-to-day will have a direct connection to the site--promo-driven display, merchandising product opportunities, helping to craft and feature our story and key benefits, and more!
- For the next few months this role will also work with our UX team to help fill in for our Senior UX Copywriter who is on maternity leave. The type of work here includes content strategy and content for new components, userflows, mobile experiences, etc.
- In addition, there will be opportunities to work on content for the blog, social, etc. as well as some omni-channel campaigns throughout the year as the needs arise.
The Perks (the very abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- All expenses paid international travel (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Travel discounts
- Free in-house language classes
- Apple Education Discounts
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.