EF Ultimate Break
Cambridge, MA USA
As part of a fun team that loves what they do, you will inspire young adults between 18 and 29 to sign up for life-changing travel experiences across the globe. Our Senior Copywriter opportunity lets you combine your strengths in writing, concepting, ecommerce and customer empathy into a unique, rewarding role. You’ll be counted on to be a multi-channel copywriting expert, an effective marketing strategist, and an original thinker.
Sound like you? Then you’re our type of person. Keep reading!
The person we are looking for has been around the copy block a few times, and maybe even has agency experience. Regardless, this person will take great pleasure in making international travel irresistible. Besides pitching your fantastic ideas as part of our team, you will be an important strategic partner for inspiring engagement with our website at all stages of the customer journey. You are ecommerce-driven and customer-centric as you write copy for landing pages, travel itineraries, Tiktok and Instagram ads, promotional campaigns, social, emails, blogs, video and whatever else comes along.
Your writing must be sharp and lean. Your grammar should be impeccable. Your storytelling riveting. You should be enthusiastic and proactive. Of course, you play nice with fast deadlines and you're a master juggler.
- A kick a$s portfolio showing range of advertising, site, and video copy
- 6+ years as a copywriter, with agency experience a huge plus
- Proven success in digital, with a focus on eCommerce; solid understanding of direct marketing principles
- Ability to use your craft to drive real marketing results--traffic, conversion, and engagement with our site at key customer touchpoints
- Super strong creative writer and extremely accurate editor with the ability to push our brand forward with sharp, distinctive, motivating copy
- A talent in turning complex, lots-to-digest product stories into compelling, want-to-keep-reading brand stories
- Excellent conceptual and storytelling/presentation skills
- The mind of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver—you get excited flexing left & right brain alike!
- Keen sense of humor
- Curiosity about the motivations and aspirations of our travelers
- Lifestyle brand experience a plus
- A true collaborator both within creative ideation sessions and cross-functionally
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Bonus Points if you have experience…
- Hanging out in CMS tools
- Writing for a 18-29 audience
- Composing and testing UX copy
The reason(s) you’ll want to work here
Aside from joining an amazing, passionate team, we offer killer perks (and this is the abbreviated list):
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers, all expenses paid (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Free in-house language classes
- Charitable matching towards causes and organizations of your choice
- Up to $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- Apple Education Discounts
- A market-leading benefits package including top in class health coverages (medical/dental/vision)
- 25% company match on 401k contributions
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
More about EF Ultimate Break
EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18–29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures—on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
For more information, visit www.efultimatebreak.com
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.