Head of Copy, Joss & Main
Senior Copy Manager, Joss & Main
Who We Are:
Our ambition is to build the worlds largest online specialty retailers with Wayfairs Specialty Retail Brands: AllModern, Birch Lane, and Joss & Main. The market opportunity is large ($60B TAM) and we are well on our way. We are looking for a Head of Copy to help us drive the next phase of growth for the Joss & Main brand a strong manager-doer with a passion for style and home to lead our brand voice and messaging across all touchpoints, from catalog, site, and email to social and ad campaigns.
What Youll Do:
- Manage, lead, and inspire a small team of copywriters.
- Oversee, edit, and write copy for all touchpoints -- brand campaigns to editorial catalog spreads, email marketing to direct mail pieces, Instagram stories to digital advertising, product descriptions to online video (and beyond). The copy purview of this role is broad and requires the ability to pivot seamlessly between micro- and macro-level views, and direct others to do the same.
- Develop and maintain the brand's voice standards and messaging strategy to drive brand consistency and evolution. We are on a mission to become even stronger, stickier brands with raised awareness and brand affinity. Our words and content are one important part of the puzzle to get us there, and that will be your challenge.
- Work in tandem with the design lead to guide and inspire the team as well as elevate the brand. Push on each other to move the brand forward, identify efficiencies, and create a rock-solid, holistic creative strategy that spans across channel and ladders up to brand goals.
- Use Wayfairs wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions. You will be expected to use data as a key input for your teams work, and also to understand when data might be getting in the way of elevated creative work.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. Pace should thrill you, not derail you.
What Youll Need:
- 8+ years relevant experience writing/editing for a retail audience (either in-house or at an agency), or shelter publication (digital or print) with an understanding of marketing principles
- Deep obsession with home furnishings, interior design, and style, with a sincere interest in the retail industry
- Proven experience leading and developing a team of writers
- Experience in branding, omni-channel campaigns, digital marketing
- Catalog, editorial, and video experience a major plus
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.